In Vedic Palmistry, there are Yogs of Profession, which are signs and special combinations shown in the hand. This ancient knowledge allows us to know in what profession we have the most probability of success. This video shows some examples.
In order to understand the meanings of the special symbols in Vedic Palmistry and what these symbols may represent for you if found in your hand, you need to understand the true meaning of these symbols.
The swastika is an ancient religious symbol originating from the Indian subcontinent, that generally takes the form of an equilateral cross with four legs, each bent at 90 degrees. It is considered to be a sacred and auspicious symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism and dates back at least 11,000 years.
By the early 20th century, it was used worldwide and was regarded as a symbol of good luck and success. Since its adoption by the Nazi Party of Adolf Hitler, the swastika has been associated with Nazism, fascism, white supremacy racism and the Holocaust in much of the West.
The name Swastika comes from the Sanskrit word Svastika and denotes a “lucky or auspicious object”. Svastika is a compound of Sva, meaning the “Self”; Astika, itself a compound of Asti, meaning “Existent” or “Existing”; and Ka, which denotes the neutral gender. Thus, the literal meaning of Swastika is “One that is self-existent”, or “self-existing”, in other words; “Unborn and directly originating from eternity since time eternal“.
It has been used as a decorative element in various cultures since at least the Neolithic Age. It is known most widely as an important symbol, long used in Indian religions, denoting “auspiciousness”. In many Western countries, the Swastika has been highly stigmatized because of its association with Nazism.
Swastika is the most powerful auspicious sign in the Hindu religion that brings prosperity, wealth and good fortune to the family. It can work as a good luck charm for every individual. This symbol will also be useful for starting new projects as one would successfully complete the job without any obstruction. Swastika represents the four main directions. It is an integral part of marriage ceremonies and is always used for worshiping. While the vertical lines in it indicate the self-existing Jyotirlinga, the horizontal lines indicate the expanse of the universe.
Swastika, in Hindu religion, is also considered to be the replica of Lord Vishnu himself. According to this notion the central point symbol is the place of Brahma born from the navel of Lord Vishnu. The four sides of Swastika represent the four hands of Lord Vishnu. In general this sign symbolizes prosperity, wealth and good fortune. It is usually made by the blend of two colors— red and orange. Worshiping Swastika is equivalent to worship Lord Ganesh. There are various ways in which the symbol is perceived. While it is the symbol of Gods Ridhi-Siddhi who give prosperity it also used to invite Agnidevta.
Swastika sign has special significance in Vastu Shastra. The vertical lines of Swastika should not be slanted. They should be drawn straight only then it becomes auspicious. Hitler used straight as well as slanted Swastika. Therefore he succeeded at some places and was defeated at others.
There are 5 kinds of Swastika:
- Shri Ganesh Swastikas
- Shri Laxmi Upasana Swastika
- Rishi – Siddhi and Ganesh Swastika
- Yagna Agni Invoking Swastikas
- Constellation and Direction Showing Swastika
Special symbols in Vedic palmistry and their meanings. Symbols discussed in the video are listed below:
- Stigmata Lines
- Doubled Sun Line
- Psychic Triangle
- Triangle of Property Acquisition
- Mystical Cross
- Umbrella, or Canopy (Chattra), a/k/a Bhagyawan Yoga
- Cross of Wealth
- Cross inside a Square on Jupiter Mount
- Star on Jupiter Mount
- Chain of Fortune
- Letter “M” on the palm
- Spear Symbol
- Matsya (Fish Symbol) on Ketu Mount
In Vedic Astrology there are many yogas in a horoscope. Some are auspicious and some are inauspicious. There are certain yogas that indicate a native’s destiny to travel to foreign lands, either permanently or temporarily. When the dasha or antardasha of favorable planets begins, the native gets the opportunity for these yogas to manifest.
The yoga forms when …
- Sun is in the ascendant the native gets the opportunity to travel abroad.
- Lord of the ascendant is in the 12th house.
- Lord of the ascendant and the Moon are situated in a movable¹ sign.
- Lord of the ascendant is situated in the 7th house in a movable¹ sign.
- Lord of the ascendant and the 9th house and Lord of 9th in the ascendant (Yoga Parivartana).
- Lord of the 6th house is situated in the 12th house.
- Lord of the 7th house is situated in the 9th house.
- Lords of 9th and 12th houses interchange placements.
- Lords of the 10th and 12th houses, both are situated in a movable¹ sign.
- Lord of the 10th house is situated in the 9th house in a movable¹ sign.
- 10th house and the lord of the 10th house are situated with a movable¹ sign.
- 12th house or its lord is aspected by the lord of the 8th house.
- Lord of the 12th house is situated in the 9th house.
- Lord of the 12th house is situated in the 4th house.
- Moon is in the 11th or 12th house.
- Mercury is in the 8th house of the birth horoscope.
- Venus is in the 6th, 7th or 8th house in the horoscope.
- Jupiter is situated in the 4th, 6th, 8th or 12th house.
- Saturn is in the 12th house.
- Rahu is in the 1st, 7th or 8th house.
Rules for foreign travel with settlement abroad have some extra prerequisites as laid below. It’s important to note that there can be numerous yogas, and the yogas listed below have stood the test of time and have completely fulfilled their promised results .
- The 4th house of a horoscope signifies home, any affliction to this house is generally seen in the charts of people who leave their country and settle abroad. Saturn, Mars, Rahu or Ketu in 4th house, either from the Ascendant or the Moon, generates this yoga, but it will need further support of various other combinations.
- The 4th lord in 12th/9th house, or 4th lord with the 12th or 9th lord, is a great combination for settlement abroad. Also 4th lord with Saturn, Mars, Rahu or Ketu generates another yoga.
- The 9th lord is of supreme importance. 9th lord in 4th/12th houses is very frequently seen in such cases.
- The 12th lord in the 7th or 4th house also signifies foreign settlement.
- Lagna lord (1st lord) with 12th lord/in 12th house or in 7th house also generates this yoga.
- Also a strong Moon, or Venus, in the 12th house, or Moon in 7th house, also promises tendencies to settle abroad if other supporting yogas are present.
Basically it’s the affliction of the 4th house, either from the Ascendant or the Moon and a strong relation between 1/4/7/9/12 houses, or their lords, which generates this yoga. Also another very important rule to remember is that these yogas should be present in divisional chart Chaturthamsa (D4).
The time of flying would be major/sub major period of 1/4/7/9/12 houses’ lords, especially the role of 9th lord is of paramount importance.
Period of Foreign Travel
- The native gets to travel abroad during the dasha of exalted Sun, Moon, Mars or Jupiter.
- When Mars is strong and situated in the ascendant or forms relation with the Sun.
- During the dasha of debilitated Mercury.
- During the dasha of Jupiter when it is situated in the 7th or 12th house of the horoscope.
- During the dasha of Venus, situated in the 7th house with malefic planet.
- During the dasha of Saturn, when it is situated in the 12th house or with exalted 12th Lord.
- During the dasha of Rahu when it is placed in the 3rd, 7th, 9th or 10th house.
- When the antardasha of Ketu begins during the mahadasha of Sun.
- When the antardasha of Sun begins during the mahadasha of Ketu, where Sun is placed in the 6th, 8th or 12th house from Ketu.
- When the antardasha of Moon begins during the mahadasha of Ketu, and Moon is placed in the center, trident or 11th house from Ketu.
- When the antardasha of Jupiter begins during the mahadasha of Venus.
- When the antardasha of Sun begins during the mahadasha of Rahu, and Sun is the lord of the center, trident or 11th house from Rahu.
- When the antardasha of Jupiter begins during the mahadasha of Saturn, and Jupiter is the lord of the center, trident, 2nd or 11th house from Saturn.
- When the antardasha of Saturn begins during the mahadasha of Mercury, and Saturn is placed in the 6th, 8th or 12th house from Mercury.
- When the antardasha of Ketu begins during the mahadasha of Saturn, and Ketu conjucts the lord of the ascendant.
- When the antardasha of Mercury begins during the mahadasha of Jupiter, and Jupiter is placed in the 6th, 8th or 12th house from Mercury.
- When the antardasha of Mercury begins during the mahadasha of Mars, and Mercury conjucts Mars.
- When the antardasha of Saturn begins during the mahadasha of Mars, and Saturn is situated in the center, trident or 11th house from Mars.
Kaal Sarp Yoga is formed when in a horoscope all the seven planets come in between or are hemmed in Rahu and Ketu. Rahu is considered serpent’s head and Ketu is dragon’s tail. So the presence of Kaal Sarp Yoga in a horoscope is considered particularly harmful as all the planets are surrounded by the serpent and thus lose their good impacts to a great extent, which will make the native less lucky, create problems and delays in many important aspects of life.
When all the seven planets are on the same side of Rahu and Ketu axis and not a single planet is on the other side, the full Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed. If even a single planet is on the other side of this axis, then it is not a Kaal Sarp Yoga. In this case, a partial Kaal Sarp Yoga is formed which is a Kaal Sarp Yoga of less intensity.
Having Kaal Sarp Yoga in horoscope doesn’t mean that the person will be totally unlucky and devoid of all the good things of life. The overall results differ from person to person and it depends on other yogas in the particular horoscope. For example, if a person is having strong Raj Yogas present, or having four planets Dig-Bali, or having two to three escalated or swagrehi planets in horoscope along with Kaal Sarp Dosha, then the results of Kaal Sarp Yoga will be minimized in this case by the strong good planets or yoga and major ill impacts will only be applicable in the major/minor period of Rahu/Ketu.
General Impacts of Kaal Sarp Dosha
The general impacts of Kaal Sarp Dosha are following:
- Problems and breaks in important and auspicious work
- Low Mental peace
- Low self-confidence
- Deterioration of health and reduced longevity
- Poverty and destruction of wealth.
- Destruction of business and loss of job
- Anxiety and unnecessary tensions
- Bad relations with family members and friends
- Treachery from friends and colleagues
- Much less help from relatives and friends
Note: The effects of Kaal Sarp Yoga are not going to be felt the same way as described below. The effects change with Dashas order.
Types of Kaal Sarp Dosha:
1. Anant Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the Ascendant (Lagna), that is the first house, and Ketu is placed in the seventh house. This yoga has ill impacts on the personality of the person. It makes him a short-tempered and treacherous person. He will not have much inclination towards cleanliness and will have bad habits. He will be devoid of good health and respect in the society.
It will have adverse impacts on the marriage and the person will not have much satisfaction in marital relation. He will not have support from his partners in business and colleagues in profession.
2. Kulik Kaalsarp Dosha:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the second house, that is house of money, or Dhan Bhava, and Ketu is placed in the eighth house. This yoga will give ill impacts in earning and saving of money. He will have bad communication skills and will have no control of his tongue and in the process will hurt many persons and make them his enemies.
He will be prone to accidents and surgery. He can have unnatural death from poison, accident, snake-bite or suicide.
3. Vasuki Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the third house, that is house of courage, younger siblings and effort, and Ketu is placed in the ninth house or house of luck and dharma. This yoga will make the person timid and the person will not have much courage and valor. He will have bad relations with younger siblings and they will not support him even in the hour of need. He will have lesser influential friends who will be cheats.
The person will have less support of luck. He will face hurdles and breaks in many important events of his life. He will be a follower of religion of foreigners and will leave or will have less interest in his own dharma.
4. Shankpal Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the fourth house or house of Sukh, that is happiness or Sukh Bhava, and Ketu is placed in the tenth house, that is Karm Bhava, or house of profession. This yoga will give ill impacts in the relation with mother and the person will be separated from his mother. He will have lesser mental peace and will be prone to anger. His driving skills will not be good. He will be having Vastu Dosha in his house and will be prone to diseases related to heart, chest and lungs.
He will be having problems with higher authorities in the workplace and will not be popular in his office or workplace. He will suffer many conspiracies from his colleagues and in spite of doing hard work, he’ll not be able to achieve higher position in his profession. He will be unpopular in the society.
5. Padam Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the fifth house, that is house of education and children, and Ketu is placed in the eleventh house, that is Aaya Bhava or house of income. This yoga will give breaks and hurdles in getting education. The person will be weak in studies and will have less intellectual power as well. He will not have much interest in arts. His analytical skills will be less and he’ll have no luck in the stock market, gambling or sudden gains of money through speculations or betting. He will have problems in love relations.
The person will have problems in child birth and if the person is female, she will have many problems in child birth. Child birth will happen after a long time after marriage. His children will not respect him and leave him.
6. MahaPadam Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the sixth house, that is house of enemies and diseases, and Ketu is placed in the twelfth house. This yoga will give problems from the side of enemies and the person will have many powerful enemies. The enemies of this person will not confront him openly and work against him secretly and will give him much damage. He will be prone to diseases and will not live a healthy life.
The person will have much expenditure in wasteful things and will have much less savings. He will be unpopular with his in-laws. In case of female, she will always get bad behavior from her in-laws. The person could be imprisoned also and will have punishment by the hand of government.
7. Takshak Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the seventh house, that is the house of marriage, and Ketu is placed in the first house, or lagna. This yoga will give problems from the spouse and person will not have support from the spouse. There will be excessive delay in marriage and the spouse of this person will be of bad nature, and there will be lesser harmony in the family.
If the lord of house of marriage is also in the fall, then marital life will not last long and the spouse will divorce the person. The person will suffer from headache and high blood pressure. He will be cruel and devoid of good qualities.
8. Karkotak Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the eighth house and Ketu is placed in the second house. This yoga will give severe problems in case of health. The person will be prone to accidents and surgery. The person will suffer from enemies and the enemies will try to damage him with the use of black magic.
The person will suffer in lack of savings and will have lesser savings in spite of his high end earnings. He will have defect in his eyes. He will not have much support from his relatives. He will have problems in getting gains through inheritance.
9. Shankchood Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the ninth house and Ketu is placed in the third house. The person suffering from this yoga will lose his money in gambling. He will be devoid of interest in ritual and good deeds. He will be a miser. He will not give any donations and he will be unlucky.
He will have bad family relations and will have lesser harmony in his home. The person will have many ups and downs in life and luck will be unfavorable.
10. Ghatak Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the tenth house and Ketu is placed in the fourth house. The person suffering from this yoga will have no permanent thoughts. He will be confused and will not be a good decision maker, will lack the decision making capability and good leadership skills.
He will have less mental peace and will not have pleasure of good vehicles. His servant will be thieves. He will be prone to depression. Punishment by law is also possible.
11. Vishdhar Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the eleventh house and Ketu is placed in the fifth house. The person travels frequently and is never fixed at a place. The person will have many problems in earning money and will have lesser power of brain.
His elder sibling will always treat him as enemy and will try to damage him. Problems also arise from children.
12. Shesnag Kaalsarp Yoga:
This type of Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed when Rahu is in the twelfth house and Ketu in the sixth house. The person will have problems with co-workers and governmental officials, lots of litigations, defeat and misfortune with his health and might be confined in hospitals or even prison.
CREDIT: Astrologer Alex